“For the ones who don’t know, ‘Liebster’ is a German word which means ‘dearest/nicest’.”
I want to sincerely thank Meher Gandhi for nominating me for the Liebster Award! This is my first blog award and truly am flattered you found my writing worth sharing Meher. I love your talent in poetry and how welcome you make each visitor to your blog feel. You definitely share a great blog and community. Visit Meher’s blog and check out her poetry at The Scribblings!
In this Award post, I was given 10 questions from Meher to answer. Here are my answers:
- What does writing/blogging mean to you? Writing always has been a personal outlet for myself, my blog I feel is a way to share insights I have learned and am still discovering that I hope can be encouraging or inspiring to others as well.
- If you could visit any of your favourite destinations right now, which one would it be? Right now I am missing home this time of year so my destination would be Buffalo, NY and their snow!
- If you could change one thing about this world, what would it be and why? The overuse of internet and social media. Internet technology definitely has major benefits but I think it has led our modern world into quicker and easier routes towards hatred and bullying as well as stolen many people’s ability to live more active and healthier lives.
- What’s your favourite childhood memory? I always think back to how my brother and I rode our bikes everywhere as kids. To a friends house, to the corner store at the end of our road and even as a family we would take walks/bike rides and enjoy nature.
- Do you ever face writer’s block/blogger’s block? If yes then, how do you deal with it? I have definitely had writer’s block on some days, I normally tend to either read in the subject area I am trying to work on or just not write, it is usually random moments – even in the middle of the night – that I finally get an inspiration and start writing.
- If you could describe your writings is one word, what would it be? Encouragement.
- What comes to your mind when I say the word ‘peace’? A time when the entire earth will be rid of all the pain and negativity that fills our lives today. Where there is true inner calm and contentment, no worries and the aching stress of anxiety massaged away into complete fulfillment that things will truly be okay for once.
- Do you think the present and the future generations will be able to bring about more of love and harmony in the world or do you think the worms of greed and hatred will consume us all? I believe that no man or woman could truly bring more love and harmony, things will continue to get worse in the world. But I also believe that there will be a time God will take care of all the badness we see around us and bring about a peaceful earth for all to live on in the future.
- What is the one thing you like the most about blogging? Being able to use the avenue of writing as not just a way to release and express myself, but a way to also help and encourage others.
- Do you like to read? Which is your favourite book? Yes, my favorite book is Jane Eyre – I have read it over at least three times.
This Award helps new bloggers get a chance to share and get to know other blogs, definitely a nice way to appreciate writers and grow a community! With this Liebster kindness I would love to nominate the following 10 bloggers:
Niharika Jaiswal N – Opinionated Head
I am happy to nominate all of you for each of your sources of writing and expression, each give out how wonderful and versatile writing can be — from poetry to sharing uplifting words, to staying positive and keeping a mommy journal — No matter what it is, something draws a reader to your blog and there is nothing better but learning to grow and be known in a supportive community WordPress can create.
Here are the rules:
- Create a new post thanking the person who nominated you, provide a link to their blog.
- Include award graphic.
- Answer the questions provided.
- Make a new set of 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
- Nominate 10 recently followed bloggers and share your post with them so they see it.
My 10 questions for the nominees:
- What inspired your blog name/title?
- How long have you been writing?
- What is the reason you write or blog?
- Where is your hometown and what is special about it?
- Does real life experience inspire your writing or do you use imagination/fiction?
- What is your favorite type of music?
- Do you like any other creative hobbies like art, music or sports?
- If you are blogging for business or trying to grow an audience what has been the best and the worst advice?
- Do you contribute writing on other sites/platforms or only focus on your blog?
- What is the ultimate goal of your writing or blog? Is it just a hobby or are you working towards making a niche in the blogging community?
Thank you to all my followers and readers!